This week we examined the Resurrection of Jesus as recorded in the first eight verses of Mark’s Gospel. We focused our discussion on the historicity of the Resurrection and the authenticity of Mark’s account.
>>Click here to read today’s text in NIV, KJV, and NASB: Mark 16:1-8 <<
Mark 16:1-8 ~ He Is Risen!
After His death had been confirmed by three completely different sources, Jesus the Nazarene was raised from the dead. Once. And for all.
* Recorded: LIVE. This audio has been edited for class member privacy, time, and content.
- “The Ending of Mark” by Robert H. Stein. Bulletin for Biblical Research, Vol. 18.1. (Louisville: The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, 2008), pp. 79-98.
- “Is Mark 16:9-20 Inspired?” by Dave Miller, PhD. Apologetics Press (website).
- “Should Mark 16:9-20 Be in the Bible?” GotQuestions.org (website).
- “Mark 16,” https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Mark_16&oldid=833098395 (last visited Mar. 30, 2018).
- “Burial Practices in First Century Palestine” by Byron R. McCane
- Tomb with Rolling Stone (photos & description of this style of tomb) https://www.ritmeyer.com/product/image-library/illustrating-the-bible/the-gospels/tomb-with-rolling-stone/
Banner and social media image credit: Photos courtesy of FreeBibleimages.com. Licensed from © LUMO Project (Big Book Media). Used with permission.