In-Depth Study of the Bible
Welcome to Journey through the Bible. Our class meets weekly and is dedicated to verse-by-verse study of the Scriptures. By studying only a few verses at a time, our slow pace allows us the chance to dig into history, geography, customs, archaeology, and more to gain a clear understanding of the text.
Focal passages sometimes overlap due to the fact that the class is interactive and taught in a discussion format. Some weeks we get farther than others depending on the number of questions asked.
We believe that “all scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.” (2 Tim. 3:16)
We record our class each week so that you can keep up with the study on weeks you have to be somewhere else. All recordings are edited to protect privacy of class members (and to remove excess “ums”).
Current Study: The Acts of the Apostles
Click here to subscribe to the Acts Podcast on iTunes
- Introduction to Acts, Part 1
- Introduction to Acts, Part 2
- Acts 1:1-8 — He’s Really Alive!
- Acts 1:9-15 — It Was NOT a Nimbus
- Acts 1:15-20 — What Happened to Judas?
- Acts 1:15-17, 20-26 — To Replace or Not to Replace? That Is the Question!
- Acts 2:1-13 — The Arrival of the Holy Spirit (pt. 1) 🔥
- Acts 2:1-13 — The Arrival of the Holy Spirit (pt. 2)
- Acts 2:5 — The Gift of Tongues
- Acts 2:14 — The Speeches of Acts
- Acts 2:14-21 — Peter’s First Sermon (Part One)
- Acts 2:14-21 — A Closer Look at Joel’s Prophecy
- Acts 2:22-24 — Death Could Not Hold Him
- Acts 2:25-36 — Prophecy Fulfilled (and a Rabbit Trail)
- Acts 2:39-40 — Peter Concludes His Sermon + Bonus
- Acts 2:14-36 — Peter’s “Drop the Mic” Moment 🎤
- Acts 2:37-38 — Now What? Step 1: Repent!
- Acts 2:37-41 — Step 2: Be Baptized
- Acts 2:38 — The Beautiful Mystery of Baptism & Communion
- Acts 2:42-47 — A New Remnant
- Acts 3-6 (Introduction) — Growth of the Early Church
- Acts 3:1-10 — Open My Eyes, Lord.
- Acts 3:11-26 — Foretold by All the Prophets
- How We Got Our Bible (Guest Teacher: David Pikett)
- Human Trafficking Awareness (Guest Speaker: Sandra Johnson)
Archives: The Gospel according to Mark
Click here to subscribe to the Mark Podcast on iTunes
- Mark 13:1-13 — Do Not Be Deceived
- Mark 13:13-23 — Abomination of Desolation
- Mark 13:19-31 — Signs of the End Times
- Mark 13:28-37 — Take Heed, Watch, and Pray!
- Mark 14:1-11 — Jesus Anointed at Bethany *
- Mark 14:1-17 — Review & Upcoming Betrayal
- Mark 14:22-26 — From Last Supper to Lord’s Supper: Institution of the Eucharist
- Mark 14:26-34 — From Upper Room to Gethsemane
- Mark 14:32-42 — Personal Agony. Oblivious Friends.
- Mark 14:42-52 — God’s Perfect Plan Sealed with a Fervent Kiss: The First Betrayal
- Mark 14:12-72 — Overview of Mark 14: Betrayal, Arrest, Trial, Denials *
- Mark 14:53-65 — Background/Context of Sanhedrin “Trial” of Jesus
- Mark 14:53-72 — Juxtaposition of Jesus’ and Peter’s “Trials”
- Mark 14:72-15:1 — Peter’s Repentance & the Second Betrayal
- Mark 15:1-47 — Overview of Mark 15: Pilate, Barabbas, Crucifixion, Burial *
- Mark 15:2-20 — The Third Betrayal: Pilate
- Mark 15:21-24 — The Crucifixion of Jesus
- Mark 15:25-37 — Mocked, But Not Forsaken
- Mark 15:37-47 — Jesus: Dead and Buried
- Mark 16:1-8 — The Resurrection of Jesus (taught Easter Sunday 2016) *
- Mark 16:1-8 — He Is Risen!
- Mark 16:9-20 — But wait, there’s more!
* These lessons were taught earlier this year during a quick (for us) survey of chapters 13-16 so we could study the Resurrection on Resurrection Sunday. We have completed the process of going back through the passages we surveyed—studying them in more depth.