In case you were wondering:
- It is NOT okay to obtain sex with a minor;
- It is NOT okay to watch a video featuring someone else having sex with a minor;.
Sexually exploited youth are VICTIMS of commercial sexual exploitation or sex trafficking.
It is illegal both to offer and to obtain a child, and cause that child to engage in any kind of sexual activity in exchange for anything of value, whether it be money, goods, personal benefit, in-kind favors, or some other kind of benefit.” Citizen’s Guide to the U.S. Law on the Prostitution of Children
If you respond to an online ad with the intention of obtaining sex, and you have a gut-check that the person is a minor, you need to know:
- According to U.S. Law, the minor IS BEING TRAFFICKED;
- If you have sex with the minor, even though you paid for it, you are committing a FEDERAL CRIME;
- The MINIMUM sentence for obtaining sex with a minor is 10 years in prison (15 years if they were under the age of 14);
- For more info: Citizen’s Guide to the U.S. Law on the Prostitution of Children
Rather than go through with your plans, do this instead:
- Call the National Human Trafficking hotline number and let them know what just happened. You can remain anonymous. Call Now: 1-888-373-7888
- Then, would you consider reading through this article about sexual desperation. You are not alone in your fight.
Did you know?
When you watch pornography featuring sex with a minor, that child was sexually exploited for your entertainment. Whoever made the film has committed a FEDERAL CRIME. Do you really want to be a part of exploitation of children? Children cannot consent to sexual activities. They are too young. It’s a crime, and it’s not okay to watch.
The best way to fight sex trafficking is to stop the demand. You can help.
#raisingawareness #humantrafficking #stopthedemand